Defra Policy Placement Fellowship
Call status: Closed
Next application deadline: TBC
Defra has an opportunity for a policy placement secondment in the biosciences (within our remit) to work in direct support of the Department's Chief Scientific Advisor and the Strategic Evidence and Analysis team.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain:
- valuable experience of working at the heart of a Government department in a fast paced environment
- an understanding of the science-policy interface
- an in depth knowledge of a range of Defra policy areas
The fellowship is open to BBSRC researchers who are in the early stages of their career, ideally with 2-3 years post-PhD experience in areas of relevance to Defra's remit and with a real interest in the science-policy interface.
See the application guidance download below, for further details about eligibility, location and management and supervision.
The secondment will be up to one year. It can be undertaken on a full time or part-time basis (60% FTE minimum) with some flexibility in working arrangements. Extension of the secondment may be possible. The successful candidate is expected to start in September 2013.
Up to £50k is available for the award.
Applications will be processed by NERC and assessed by a panel. Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview at the Defra offices in London on week commencing 5 August 2013 (date to be confirmed).
How to apply
This call is closed to applications.
- Applications should be submitted through the Je-S system
- After submission to Je-S it is essential that you contact Maricon Alojado email@example.com to alert her of your application reference
Please ensure that all guidance and links to supporting information are read in advance of making the application.
For complete details about this call please see the applications guidance download below.