Information for research staff
BBSRC-funded research staff make a vital contribution to the success of UK bioscience.
To enhance the quality and output of the UK research base, we are committed to:
- Training the next generation of world-class researchers
- Preparing researchers for employment outside of academia
- Supporting individuals' career paths where their research skills and training can have maximum impact
Professional skills and career development
We fund and support the work and activities of Vitae, a national programme supporting the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff
We recognise the need to support postdoctoral researchers in academia or elsewhere to maximise their research effectiveness and individual potential. The Bioscience Skills and Careers Strategy Panel (BSC) has a Postdoctoral Researchers Strategy Sub-group to focus on this issue. More specifically, the Sub-group will:
- Consider the progress of BSC on postdoctoral researchers to date, and advise on the future direction of our strategy in this area
- Advise us on what its unique role should be in the support of postdoctoral researchers in the context of other stakeholders
- Advise us on how it can best engage with its postdoctoral community and for what purpose
- Advise us on it could best support different groups of postdoctoral researchers and their career structures
- Advise us on potential mechanisms it could use to support postdoctoral research careers
We are keen to hear the views of BBSRC-funded postdoctoral researchers on all of the matters above, and any other issues that the community wishes to raise with us.
If you would like to find out more about how you, as a BBSRC-funded postdoctoral researcher, can get involved in this group, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.