Transnational research projects on systems biology in micro-organisms
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany
- Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, Austria
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research
- Research Council of Norway
- Ministry of Education and Science, Spain
Number of projects funded
11 consortia / 91 groups
To provide a quantitative understanding of cellular processes within a micro-organism and to develop a mathematical model facilitating computer simulation of biological experiments.
- In addition to the interdisciplinary research approach on the basis of work-sharing, which is an absolute must for systems biology, European integration in systems biology is also to be promoted and enhanced by the collaboration of European working groups
- To support transfer of research results from science into application and commercial exploitation
- To strengthen the existing good scientific collaboration between the countries involved
- Support research and establish new collaborations between the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Norway and Spain.
- Funding posts
tel: 01793 413363
fax: 01793 413234