- Wellcome Trust
Number of projects funded
5 funded with 6 grants. We also co-founded 9 further awards made by our co-funders.
- Bees and the travelling salesman problem - Professor Lars Chittka (PDF 20KB)
- Contextual Influences on Orientation Perception - Professor Peter Dayan (PDF 20KB)
- Developing probabilistic frameworks - Professor Phil Husbands (PDF 23KB)
- Classification decisions in machines and human brains - Professor Zoe Kourtzi (PDF 23KB)
- Multimodal computation in neural networks - Professor Philip Newland (PDF 22KB)
Many interdisciplinary research projects in this area are already supported by Research Councils, but as the Cognitive Systems field develops, many more may be needed, to facilitate this research, the Welcome Trust and Research Councils will jointly consider funding interdisciplinary proposals in this area.
- The interdisciplinary aspect is a key element of this highlight notice
- Proposals will span the research remits of two or more of the Funders group
- Applications are welcome with a strong element of interdisciplinary training
- This highlight notice aims to encourage high quality research proposals in this area and to provide a mechanism for potential co-funding within the Funders group
tel: 01793 414654
fax: 01793 413234