Lifelong health and wellbeing phase 2
This scheme was administered by the MRC.
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Government Health Directorates
- Department of Health/National Institute for Health Research
- Research and Development Office for Health and Personal Social Services in Northern Ireland
- Wales Office of Research and Development for Health and Social Care, Welsh Assembly Government
Number of projects funded
3 LLHW collaborative grants and 10 LLHW collaborative development networks.
To support multidisciplinary research that address factors across the life course that influence healthy ageing and wellbeing in later life.
To improve healthy ageing with research into the following priority areas:
- Mental capital, mental health and wellbeing
- Markers for the ageing process
- Interactions between determinants of healthy ageing
- Interventions that promote healthy ageing and independence in later life