Ecology of infectious diseases
This scheme is administered by the NSF
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- The National Science Foundation (NSF)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Approximately $10M depending on availability of funds.
Number of projects funded
To encourage high quality, innovative research conducted by inter–disciplinary teams of researchers. Research is expected to address international research priorities that will inform and impact on policy and practice.
- US-UK projects to demonstrate a multidisciplinary approach
- Encourage a "One Health" approach
- The UK component must be within the remit of BBSRC and/or ESRC
- Of particular interest is research about 'Infections of Zoonotic Origin'