Food security and land-use change
Belmont Forum and FACCE-JPI special opportunity for funding
- Partners from the Global Food Security programme
- FACCE JPI
This joint funding call will total approximately €10.5M between the Belmont Forum and Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change Joint Programming Initiative (FACCE-JPI).
BBSRC, ESRC and NERC, under the auspices of the UK's Global Food Security Programme are expected to fund up to €1.75M, and expect to support UK participation in a total of approximately 5-8 projects across both project types
Number of projects funded
- In April 2014, three awards were announced for type 1 projects. UK researchers are participating in two of the consortia, which are jointly supported by NERC, BBSRC and ESRC at a level of approximately €248k
- Successful type 2 awards are expected to be announced in summer 2014
To increase scientific understanding of the dynamic multiple scale interactions between food security and land use in the context of global change, and the consequences of these interactions for climate, ecosystems and social systems, including their economic and cultural dimensions.
To provide funding for consortia consisting of partners of three or more participating countries, who bring together trans-disciplinary teams with multi-stakeholder participation (policy makers, regulators, NGOs, communities and industry).
The call emphasises three fundamental topics:
- Land use change impacts on food systems
- Food systems dynamics as driver of land use changes
- Feedback loop interactions between land use change and food security dynamics
Further details are available on the Belmont Forum: FACCE-JPI link (see external links).