Pre-proposal call status: Closed
Full proposal application deadline (invite only): 1 September 2014
This is the eighth call within ERA-Net Bioenergy (ERA-Bioenergy) for research projects addressing Integrated Biorefining.
BBSRC has allocated up to £3M to support this call.
Funding is available for innovative industrially relevant research and development projects on one or more of the following topics:
- Enhancing the ability to use residues, side streams and wastes in biorefinery systems, particularly for energy.
- Upgrading of residues and co-products from current biorefinery systems to improve the overall economics of biofuel/bioenergy production.
- Complete assessment of biorefinery concepts which combine different conversions processes (e.g. biological and chemical).
- Improving robustness of microbial communities in order to allow for more flexibility regarding raw materials or pre-treatment.
- Enhanced microbial strain development to meet the needs of an integrated biorefinery.
- Algae biorefineries: Production of carbohydrates and lipids as well as valuable substances such as vitamins, PUFAs (e.g. DHA, EPA) or carotenoids, in combination with the use as a renewable energy source.
*Please check national/regional regulations since some of these topics may be not suitable for all agencies.
Joint projects must have participants from at least two of the countries involved in the call (UK, Germany, Poland, and the Netherlands). Participation of an industrial partner in the consortium is strongly recommended.
Proposals should fit to the specific remit of the national funding organisations.
How to apply
There is a two-step application process:
- Pre-proposal application: The pre-proposal call is now closed (deadline was 28 April 2014)
- Full proposal application (by invite only): apply by 1 September 2014
Pre-proposal application (for reference only)
- Download the ERA-IB pre-proposal application form at: www.eranetbioenergy.net
- Submit the completed form by email to the call secretariat: Matté Brijder, Netherlands Enterprise Agency, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Projects are expected to start in early 2015.
Funding will be awarded on the basis of full economic cost as described in our grants guide (see related links).