BBSRC/NERC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Innovation Club – Industry workshop
Date: 20 February 2013
Venue: IET London: Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL
BBSRC and NERC are working in partnership to explore opportunities for a new collaborative research and knowledge translation activity that will address key challenges surrounding sustainable agriculture.
This new activity will aim to:
- support high quality, innovative, basic research to underpin the UK industry in addressing significant challenges to future competitiveness
- drive innovation through effective knowledge translation between the science base and industry with consequent beneficial impacts on business performance, resilience and sustainability
- strengthen the research community in the areas of research and knowledge translation to underpin the long-term needs of industry through interdisciplinary research, the provision of training, and knowledge exchange
The new activity will focus on the themes of:
The research and knowledge translation supported through this new activity will span the remits of BBSRC and NERC.
A workshop to discuss the sustainable agriculture challenges faced by industry within these themes was held on 20 February 2013. For a report of the workshop please visit: NERC: NERC/BBSRC Sustainable Agriculture and Research and Innovation Club (external link). See our report, with annex section, from the downloads section above.
Presentations from the workshop
- Workshop introduction (PDF 1.58MB)
- Workshop session one (PDF 12.92MB)
- Workshop session two (PDF 11.45MB)
tel: 01793 413244
fax: 01793 414674