A one day conference (9am - 5pm) at the Royal Society of Chemistry's (RSC) centre, bringing together researchers from academia and industry interested in developing microalgae in industrial biotechnology.
We are co-sponsoring this symposium which will be highly interdisciplinary. A short update on recent developments in the funding landscape relevant to this field will be presented during the meeting.
This meeting will take place during 'Chemistry Week' and as such forms one of a wide variety of activities taking place at the RSC Chemistry Centre during this time highlighting the value of science to society. This year's theme is human health.
The programme of this meeting will feature both oral, flash poster and conventional poster presentations.
In addition to the excellent scientific content this highly interdisciplinary one day meeting will provide good opportunities for networking and building collaborations with other researchers in the field
- Professor Wim Brilman - Sustainable Process Technology, University of Twente, The Netherlands
- Professor Mike Burkart - Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Professor Chris Dupont - Microbial and Environmental Genomics Group, J. Craig Venter Institute, San Diego, USA
- Dr Juan Nogales Enrique - Centre de Investigaciones Biologicas (CSIC), Madrid, Spain
- Professor Rene H Wijffels - Bioprocess Engineering, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Mr Steve Skill - Plymouth Marine Laboratory, UK
- Professor Alison Smith - Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK
- Professor Rod Scott - Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, UK
- Professor John Love - College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, UK
- Dr Michelle Stanley - The Scottish Association of Marine Science, UK
- Dr Saul Purton - Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, UK
How to register
To attend please visit the: RSC registration page (registration fee £35).