This workshop will launch the 2014 call for applications to the Diet and Health Research Industry Club (DRINC).
DRINC enables the research base to support the food and drink industry by funding high quality, pre-competitive research in diet and health. At least £3M is available to fund research at UK universities and research institutes, within an overarching theme of improving our understanding of the relationship between diet and health.
Guidance for applicants is available on the 'Apply for funding' webpage at: www.bbsrc.ac.uk/drinc
The workshop will be an opportunity for applicants to:
- understand the research challenges and assessment process
- meet other potential applicants and form new collaborations
- discuss proposals with representatives from the DRINC Steering Group, the Club's company members and the Research Councils
- 10:30 – Welcome and introduction to DRINC
- Guide to research challenges
- Application process
- 11:15 – Elevator pitches from academics and industry
- 12:20 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Networking and application surgery sessions
- 16:00 – Close
How to register
Please register before 23 May 2014 at: www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRINC_launch
We encourage academic delegates to give a short presentation pitch (max 2 minutes, 2 slides) to introduce themselves and their research ideas to potential collaborators.
During registration, applicants may request to meet privately with members of the DRINC Steering Group to discuss their ideas for research projects. Due to the limited time available, meetings will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.