Come and explore the fascinating world of biology through interactive science exhibits from real scientists.
Find out how bioscience feeds us, fuels us and keeps us healthy as we bring you the best of British bioscience.
This free festival is accessible for all and will be the culmination of a yearlong programme of activities marking BBSRC's 20th anniversary – bringing together exciting exhibits from world-leading bioscience research groups.
Please note, the venue is heated and refreshments will be available to purchase in the onsite café.
Over 20 engaging and exciting displays will be on offer, showcasing the best of British bioscience.
- Explore your insides in our walk-through giant gut
- See glow in the dark seeds that could help save our oceans
- Witness the invisible electrical world of bees in our special flight arena
- See new inventions like replacement body-parts and pain-free injections
- Hop, skip and jump on pressure pads to discover how animals move
- Become a vet, farmer and wildlife manager on our virtual farm
- Take a worms-eye view of the hidden underworld of soils
- Follow leafcutter ants to a new world of medicines
As part of the festival we launched Knit-a-Bug: The Great British Bioscience Knitting Competition (see related links). Shortlisted entries from this year's competition will be on display, along with the winners.
Also, as part of the festival we ran the Images with Impact competition (see external links). The competition aimed to find the best photos that represent how life sciences are changing the world in areas like: food, farming, bioenergy, biotech, industry and health. Visitors will have the chance to vote for the overall winner of the competition and see the category winners and runners-up.
BBSRC is partnering with LDN Science Festival 2014 (see external links) to deliver the Great British Bioscience Festival.
Who can attend
The festival will be open to the general public and will be free to attend. No registration is needed.
Follow the festival on Twitter: #GBbioscifest.