BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
Norwich Research Park
The Norwich Research Park (NRP) is a partnership between BBSRC, four world-renowned research institutes, the University of East Anglia, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and the John Innes Foundation.
The 160 hectare Park has one of Europe's largest single-site concentrations of research in agri-food, health and environmental sciences. It has a combined research budget of £100M.
Research within the Park addresses the main challenges of the 21st Century:
- Living with climate change
- Developing sustainable agriculture
- Food and bioenergy security
- Lifelong human health
National research and innovation campus
On the Norwich Research Park, world-class researchers and research infrastructure are co-located with growing biotechnology enterprises. The campus provides accommodation for spin-out companies from NRP institutions and gives established bio-SMEs access to world-leading researchers and facilities.
Over 11,000 staff including 3,000 scientists and senior clinicians
The research institutes on the Park are The Sainsbury Laboratory and 3 of our strategically funded research institutes:
In 2011, the Government awarded BBSRC £26M to invest in NRP to deliver innovation from the research base and generate economic growth and job creation.
The investment will help to create and support new companies and jobs based on world-leading bioscience. Developments to the Park include:
- New Centrum Building and commercial space
- New Enterprise Centre (Exemplary Low Carbon Building)
- Enhancements to the Innovation Centre and low cost commercial space
- Improvements to IT infrastructure
- Improvements to on-site infrastructure including car parks, footpaths, lighting, roads
- Improvements to the public highways around the Park
- Innovation Centre improvements completed in March 2012
- Construction of new Centrum building commenced January 2013. On target for completion in March 2014
- Construction of new Enterprise Centre due to start August 2013 for completion late 2014
- Work on all other work streams progressing to schedule
Progress in pictures
Artist’s impression of new Centrum building
Artist’s impression of new Enterprise Centre
Click on the thumbnails to view and download full-size images.
These images are protected by copyright law and may be used with acknowledgement.
External Relations Unit