BBSRC is not responsible for the content of external websites
UK Collaborative on Development Sciences (UKCDS)
Science for international development
UKCDS is a collaboration of UK medical, agriculture, environmental, engineering and social sciences organisations working together to maximise the impact of UK research on international development.
The partners work together to:
- provide a more coordinated approach to development sciences research
- maximise the impact of UK research funding on international development outcomes
- improve stakeholder collaboration in development sciences
- encourage research policies and practices of UK funders to reflect good practice in development
- support the UK to be a global leader in development sciences and their application
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of development sciences, their remit is broad and varied, covering all sciences and involving stakeholders in government, research organisations, higher education institutions and NGOs.
Current focus areas are:
- Climate change
- Capacity strengthening
- Food security
- Research policy and practice
- Natural hazards
UKCDS also contributes to EU framework programme strategies and act as the UK National Contact Point for International Cooperation in FP7.
tel: 01793 413247