Schools and young people
Teaching resources to download for primary and secondary school science education, and information on school-scientist links.
Most of our activities for young people are conducted through RCUK Science in society Unit.
Our schools' resources can also be downloaded from the Association for Science Education's schoolscience website. This is a comprehensive directory of resources, information and contacts for teachers and students.
Teaching resources: publications and web-based activities
- Primary (ages 5-11) resources – Key Stages 1 & 2
- Secondary (ages 11-14) resources – Key Stage 3
- Secondary (ages 14-16) resources – Key Stage 4
- Post-16 resources – Key Stage 5
- Biology in the Real World
- Biology Challenge and British Biology Olympiad
- Genetic Research On Wheat (GROW)
- Great Bug Hunt photography competition
- I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here
- Institute activities
- National Science and Engineering Week
- Nuffield Research Placements
- Practical biofuel activities
- School Regional Champions (SRC)